In this episode of BuyingTech we talk about Category Management and how it can help deliver better outcomes for your business.
We use enterprise storage as an example and start to develop a list of what we need to know and understand in order to use Category Management to develop a strategy for the storage space in your company.
Discussion points include:
- What is Category Management?
- How can it be used to buy technology?
- What is storage, and what are the primary types of storage companies use?
- What are storage arrays?
- Storage spend and demand (internal) analysis
- Storage industry and supplier (external) analysis
- Understanding your internal storage customers
In the next episode (Category Management Part 2) we will look at the tools you can use to answer all these questions and put together the data that will allow you to create a category strategy.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://www.buyingtech.net